If you are going to be competing in the MTN Tech+ game competition (FIFA 15 & Mortal Kombat X), then you must read this laid down rules or else…
Please note that these rules would be adhered to strictly and complaints would not be tolerated if no prior clarifications have been made. Defaulters of rules would be given a Yellow card as a warning and if they default again, would be given a Red card and disqualified (in case of participants) or asked to leave (in case of spectators).
There should be NO fighting, cursing or trolling (with contestants). Defaulters would be given a yellow card and red card for subsequent offences.
Group stages for FIFA 15 starts on the 24th of July by 10am while the knockout stages start on the 25th of July by 9am.
Group stages for Mortal Kombat X starts on 25th of July by 10am and subsequently knock-out stages.
Please ENSURE THAT YOU ARE AVAILABLE DURING THE TIME YOUR GAME WOULD BE PLAYED AS ABSENTEEISM WOULD LEAD TO A WALK OVER.
1. Please do not remove any controller from any console. Defaulters would be given a yellow card.
1. Format used is tournament-style. Contestants would be divided into groups of 8 or 9. Grouping would be done as contestants are accredited so please ensure you are there early. They would play themselves (round robin) and the person with the highest score emerges from a group as finalist. The top people would then play themselves in a single elimination/knock-out format until the winner is gotten.
NB: Only one person emerges from a group. Please ensure you are there early so that you can be accreditaed
2. Match time for group stages up till semi-finals is 4 mins per half. Time for the semi-final and final matches is 5mins per half. Players have another 3mins to set up their button configurations, player settings, etc. Players can go to settings once each during match play to change their settings if they want.
3. Players are not allowed to pause during active play. If there is a need to go to settings, the player until there is a mandatory break e.g throw in, goal score etc.
4. Priority for top seeds from groups would be in the following order: Points > Head-to-head > Goals aggregate.
5. In the knockout stages, in the event of a draw after normal regulation time, the players would proceed straight to penalties.
6. The players can pick a coach who can advise them quietly during the matches. This person should stay beside or directly behind the player. No external person should interfere in on going matches by pointing out flaws in the players’ game or weaknesses.
Defaulters shall be given a yellow card and red subsequently.
MORTAL KOMBAT X
1. Players would be grouped into 16 groups (tentative) and pools will be played. Two people would emerge from each group to give a total of 32 (subject to change depending on the number of accredited entrants.)
**Please note that number of groups is still subject to change till the day of the event.
NB: Only 2 people would emerge from a group.
2. The final 32 (or top groupers) will engage in a double elimination style bracket until a winner emerges.
3. The matches for pools and brackets up till losers & winner’s finals will be best of 3 rounds, best of 3 matches. i.e first to 2
Winners final, losers final and grand finals would be best of 3 rounds, best of 5 matches. i.e first to 3
4. Players (if they wish) have 15 seconds to do a button check before they begin their game. Once the match starts, there would be no pause. Any player that pauses forfeits that round except if the opponent accepts to continue.
5. The contestants are allowed to pick a friend who would either stand behind them or by their side to offer advice in whispers during their matches. However, apart from this person chosen by the player, NO PERSON SHOULD POINT OUT OR OFFER ANY ADVICE TO ANY OF THE PARTICIPATING PLAYERS WHILE THE MATCHES ARE GOING ON.
Any defaulter would receive a yellow card and subsequently a red card.
The above rules should be carefully read and if there are any clarifications to be made, call any of the following numbers: 08086918521, 08068287506.
Via | TechPlus NG